Tofu Skin and Bok Choy Stir Fry
Tofu skin is a fun way to shake up your usual stir fries by adding a vegan protein.
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 package frozen tofu skin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 8 oz oyster mushrooms washed and trimmed
- 1 bunch bok choy washed and trimmed
Rinse and drain the tofu skin and cut into bite sized pieces. If using dry instead of frozen tofu skin, make sure to soak the tofu skin for about an hour and then blanch it before moving forward.
Add oil to a large pan on medium high heat. Cook tofu skin and garlic for about a minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
Add oyster sauce, oyster mushrooms and optional chili flakes. Continue to cook for about another minute or so to let the ingredients soak up the sauce.
Add the bok choy and cook until it is wilted down. The bok choy should be barely tender and still bright green.
Season with more oyster sauce or salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over rice.
- Make sure to plan for an extra hour of soaking time if you're using dried tofu skin.
- For a vegan stir fry, use soy sauce or vegan oyster sauce.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.3g | Protein: 28.2g | Fat: 15.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 461.5mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2.9g | Sugar: 8g